Learning how to sew a patch on a jacket might take a little practice, but it’s a fairly straightforward process. The benefit of sewing on your patches is that they’ll remain where you put them for years to come. Sewing is one of the most reliable types of application methods when it comes to custom patches. If you’d like to make your jacket more fashion-forward, sewing on patches is the way to go. If you’d like to create custom sew on patches, simply request a free quote from American Patch. Custom sew on patches are perfect for your everyday wardrobe, uniforms, outdoor gear, and more.
- Jacket of choice (denim always looks great)
- Strong needle
- Thimble, optional
How to Sew a Patch on a Jacket Step by Step
- Place your patch where you’d like it on the jacket.
- Attach it in place with pins to ensure it remains stable.
- Thread your needle with your color of choice and tie a knot in the thread.
- Using a thimble to protect your fingers, do a basic running stitch around the edge of the patch.
- Pierce the needle through the top of the fabric and the patch.
- Repeat the same process from the bottom of the fabric.
- The needle should weave in and out, joining the patch to the jacket fabric.
- Try the jacket on to ensure your patch placement is perfect.
Create Custom Jacket Patches
If you’re ready to create your custom jacket patches, reach out to American Patch today for a free quote. We specialize in a variety of patches including embroidered, woven, dye sublimation, and more, all of which can be sewn on your favorite jacket. If you have any questions about turning your design into custom patches, simply reach out today. Our friendly experts are standing by waiting to help.