Iron-on patches are a terrific way to personalize clothing, commemorate an event, or promote a business. When you iron on a patch, you can still remove it later. You can easily remove the patch by heating it with a warm iron until the adhesive gets warm. The patch will remain intact and can be saved or reused on another object. However, some glue may remain on the material after you remove the patch. The next question concerns how to remove iron on patch glue without damaging the fabric. American Patch’s professionals are always available to assist you and answer this common question.
Different Methods for How to Remove Iron On Patch Glue
When you remove a patch, some of the leftover glue may remain. You cannot simply remove the glue by washing the item or piece of clothing in the washing machine. There are, however, a few methods for removing the iron on patch glue.
The Acetone Method
Acetone, or nail polish containing acetone, will dissolve the leftover glue. Using a cotton ball or paper towel, blot the acetone onto the glue. This will help to release the adhesive. Acetone will soften but not totally disintegrate the glue. Before applying the acetone to the glue, test it on a piece of the material. Check and make sure that the acetone will not damage the material. Acetone is known to be safe to use on a wide range of materials.
The Freezer Method
Another common method for how to remove iron on patch glue is to place the item of clothing in the freezer overnight. The glue will become quite hard, and you should be able to scrape it off using a dull object, such as a butter knife.
Why Choose American Patch for Custom Patches?
Maybe you’ve replaced an old patch because you’re eager to create a new one for your apparel. When it comes to creating your own custom patches, you’ll appreciate the advantages of choosing American Patch. Our services come with the following perks:
- Free Quote: Receive a detailed quote for our services without any charges.
- Free Sample: Unlike other companies that only provide graphic renderings, we send you a physical sample of your patch. This way, you can see the actual patch before finalizing your order.
- Premium Quality: We use only the finest materials to ensure your patches meet the highest standards, aiming for your complete satisfaction.
- Variety: Choose from an extensive range of colors, sizes, and styles for your patches.
- Free Shipping: Enjoy complimentary shipping within the U.S.
- Quick Turnaround: We understand the importance of a fast delivery, and we’re committed to meeting your demand for a quick turnaround on your items.
Contact the Professionals at American Patch Today
American Patch is the place to go if you want high-quality customized patches. We provide a wide range of options and are committed to helping you in creating the ideal patches for your exact needs. We have patches for every occasion, whether it’s for a business, group, or event. Call us today at 1-610-955-4989 for your free custom patch quote, or if you still need more information on how to remove iron on patch glue. Learn why American Patch is the best choice for your custom patch needs today, as we are ready to cater to your specific wants and needs.