Iron-on patches are a great item to use to decorate clothing, memorialize an event, or promote a business. When you iron on a patch, it can still be removed at a later time. Using a warm iron, you can heat the patch until the glue becomes warm and then easily remove the patch. The patch will remain intact, allowing you to save it or reuse it on another item. However, once you remove the patch, some remaining glue may be on the cloth. The next question is how to get patch glue off clothes without harming the material. The experts at American Patch are here to help.
Methods for How to Get Patch Glue Off Clothes
When you remove a patch from most clothing, some of the glue may remain in the clothing. You cannot wash the glue out by throwing the piece of clothing in the washer. There are, however, a few different ways to remove the glue.
• Freezer Method
One way how to get patch glue off clothes is to put the piece of clothing in the freezer overnight. The glue will become very rigid, and you should be able to take a dull instrument, like a butter knife, and scrape the glue off of the material.
• Acetone Method
Acetone, or nail polish with acetone, will remove the glue. Blot the acetone on the glue using a cotton ball or paper towel. This will loosen the glue. Acetone will soften the glue if not completely dissolve it. Test the acetone on a piece of the material before putting it on the glue. Make sure that the acetone will not harm the material. You can use acetone on most materials without a problem.
Why American Patch Is the Right Choice for Custom Patches
Perhaps you have removed an old patch because you want to create a new one to put on your clothing. When you are ready to make your own custom patches, you will love the benefits that you get when you work with American Patch. American patch offers the following benefits to all of its clients:
- Free Quote. We will provide you with a free detailed quote for our services.
- Free Sample. You will receive a physical sample of your patch. Most other companies only provide a graphic rendering of the patch you designed. When you work with American Patch, you will see the actual patch before approving your order.
- Premium Quality. We use only the best materials to make our patches. We want you to be delighted with your purchase.
- Variety. We offer the most colors, sizes, and styles of patches.
- Free Shipping. We offer free shipping in the U.S.
- Quick Turnaround. We know you want your items quickly – we are happy to meet that demand.
Choose American Patch for Your Own Custom Patches
If you’re looking for high-quality custom patches, look no further than American Patch. We offer a wide variety of options and we are dedicated to helping you create the perfect patches for your needs. Whether you’re looking for a patch for a business, organization, or event, we have you covered. Don’t hesitate to call us today at 1-610-955-4989 to get your free custom patch quote and see for yourself why American Patch is the best choice for your custom patch needs.